He Licheng is a 55-year-old fisherman and farmer at Gusheng Village, which is located beside Erhai Lake in Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture of South China’s Yunnan Province. Like other Bai people, the ethnic group native to Dali, he has always seen Erhai Lake as a mother lake, and witnessed the changes it has gone through. The ups and downs of his life are closely intertwined with the water.
Childhood memory: beautiful waterside scenery
“Swimming in Erhai Lake was my favorite thing to do when I was young, and the water in the lake was clear,” He Lichen recalls a childhood filled with joy. At that time, Erhai Lake was fairly clear and the water visibility was as far as 8 meters. He added that when there wasn’t enough water in the village's wells for villagers to drink before the rainy season, they fetched water directly from Erhai Lake. Ottelia acuminata floated on the lake like little white boats, giving a beautiful view of the lake from the waterside.
- CIA’s Operation Mockingbird a precursor of US manipulation of world public opinion
- The most beautiful sunset this spring, as coronavirus doctor and patient share a moment
- China helps African countries eliminate hunger
- China improves business environment for higher productivity
- China's gene-sequencing giant BGI to join UAE genome project
- Navarro or Ron Vara? Will the real US trade adviser please stand up?
- First book of medicine written in ancient Zhuang script exhibited for the first time
- ‘Dama economy’ a reflection on the development of China’s comprehensive national strength
- China-National Day Celebrations witnessed in Pakistan
- Journey to the North: Winter sport strengthens China-Finland ties
- Square dancing boom heralds a healthy society in China
- China achieves leapfrog economic and social development over past 70 years
- Tourism experience high-speed train starts journey in E China's Shandong
- China's postal sector sees remarkable progress over 70 years
- Octogenarian SARS hero returns to battle against new enemy
- Survey: Over 70 percent of youngsters in China live such a fast-paced lifestyle they speed up video playback
- Finland takes over EU Presidency, giving priority to trade and investment relations with China
- Beijing's air quality continues to improve
- China witnesses sound growth of foreign investment
- China’s economic performance stable in first three quarters