Over 10 million poor people in China have become migrant workers who work outside their hometowns over the past 5 years, with the country witnessing significant progress in using employment as a poverty-alleviation method, according to a press conference held by the State Council Information Office on Nov. 19.
An infrared camera has captured six photos and a short video of a wild leopard in a nature reserve in northwest China's Shaanxi Province.
The Changqing National Nature Reserve set up the camera in a pine forest in April and collected the data on Oct. 25. Workers of the reserve found the images of the leopard captured at around 8 p.m. on July 19, according to the provincial forestry bureau.
China will step up efforts to expand the free trade area network across the world to enlarge its "circle of friends", according to China's Commerce Minister Zhong Shan.
After signing the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), China will see the China-Cambodia free trade agreement take effect at the earliest and accelerate investment agreement negotiations with Europe, Zhong said in a signed article published Tuesday in the People's Daily.
China's family planning policy is expected to be further relaxed over the next five years and beyond, with extensive social and economic support provided to counter increasingly prominent problems such as a shrinking workforce and an aging population, experts said.
"The universal second-child policy will by no means be the end of optimization of the family planning policy," said Yuan Xin, vice-president of the China Population Association. "More inclusive population policies will be introduced to improve fertility, the quality of the workforce and the structure of the population."
China’s actual use of foreign capital continues to grow amid the COVID-19 epidemic and increasingly complex and challenging conditions both at home and abroad, and the country remains a top choice for foreign investors.
In the first 10 months of the year,the actual use of foreign investment in China grew by 6.4 percent year-on-year to 800.7 billion yuan, or 3.9 percent to $115.1 billion in dollar terms, the Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) said on Nov. 16.
Truck driver Wang Min and his fellow workers drove for more than 30 hours to deliver loads of fresh vegetables from China's major vegetable production base of Shouguang, Shandong Province, to Suifenhe that sits at the China-Russia border in northeast China's Heilongjiang Province.
The nighttime temperature had dropped to below zero degrees Celsius in Suifenhe when Wang prepared to wrap the fresh products with thick quilts to prevent them from freezing on the road.
The 2020 Double 11 shopping festival generated 498.2 billion yuan ($74.1 billion) in gross merchandise volume (GMV) during the 11-day campaign from Nov. 1 to 11, up 26 percent from 2019, the Alibaba Group announced today.
Over 470 brands achieved more than 100 million yuan in GMV, showcasing the value creation of digital transformation across the Alibaba Digital Economy.
Clinical data showed that Shufeng Jiedu capsules, added to standard antiviral therapy, significantly reduced the clinical recovery time of COVID-19 and fatigue as well as cough days, compared to standard antiviral therapy alone.
In a recently-published study, Chinese and German researchers have suggested that Shufeng Jiedu capsules, a patented herbal drug composed of eight medicinal plants, might be "a promising herbal therapy for moderate COVID-19."
Archaeologists have discovered an elevated deck believed to be the foundations of a barn dating back 2,000 years in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
The 170-meter-long and 21-meter-wide structure is located in the ruins of a border town of the Western Han Dynasty (206 BC-25 AD), spanning 110,000 square meters in Yuquan District, regional capital Hohhot.
Despite the gloom of the COVID-19 pandemic and the winter cold, for Chinese netizens, November heralds the country’s most enjoyable and exciting online event, the Single’s Day shopping spree. It is a shopping festival popular among young Chinese citizens that celebrates their pride in being single. The date, November 11th, was chosen because the number “1” represents an individual. Thus, this online festival is also known as the Double Eleven Festival in China.
- China improves business environment for higher productivity
- The most beautiful sunset this spring, as coronavirus doctor and patient share a moment
- Octogenarian SARS hero returns to battle against new enemy
- China's postal sector sees remarkable progress over 70 years
- Navarro or Ron Vara? Will the real US trade adviser please stand up?
- First book of medicine written in ancient Zhuang script exhibited for the first time
- China helps African countries eliminate hunger
- China's gene-sequencing giant BGI to join UAE genome project
- Square dancing boom heralds a healthy society in China
- China’s economic performance stable in first three quarters
- Finland takes over EU Presidency, giving priority to trade and investment relations with China
- Survey: Over 70 percent of youngsters in China live such a fast-paced lifestyle they speed up video playback
- China-National Day Celebrations witnessed in Pakistan
- China achieves leapfrog economic and social development over past 70 years
- Beijing's air quality continues to improve
- Journey to the North: Winter sport strengthens China-Finland ties
- Tourism experience high-speed train starts journey in E China's Shandong
- China witnesses sound growth of foreign investment
- China to open its door wider for win-win cooperation
- ‘Dama economy’ a reflection on the development of China’s comprehensive national strength